Sweet or savoury – never say no to them! We love tarts and we love savoury tarts even more – these bite-sized gems are perfect for dinner parties, picnics, and even lunch boxes (if you’re feeling a wee bit fancy!). What’s great about this recipe is that it can be made well in advance. Try it today!
- 6 MUSHROOM Lobster Flavoured Ball, flower shaped
- 3 MUSHROOM Crabstick, sliced thinly
- 20 savoury mini tartlet shells
- 250 g cream cheese, soften
- 6 tbsp pasta sauce
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and diced finely
- 1 kyuri cucumber, sliced thinly
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chervil, garnish
- Savoury Mini Tartlet Shells
- 190 g flour
- 128 g unsalted butter
- A pinch of salt
- 4 tbsp cold water
- Slice the MUSHROOM Lobster Flavoured Balls into 4 circles and using a flower shape cutter, cut the MUSHROOM Lobster Flavoured Ball into the shape.
- In a bowl, add in the cream cheese, chillies, pasta sauce, salt and pepper. Mix until the cream cheese is pinkish and soften.
- Put in a piping bag with a rosette nozzle or any of your choice, pipe into the tart shells about 3 cm in height
- Assemble with a slice of cucumber, MUSHROOM Lobster Flavoured Balls, 2 slices MUSHROOM Crabstick and garnish with the chervil.
Chef’s tip: Cream cheese mixture can be made a day ahead and kept in the refrigerator.
Savoury Mini Tartlet Shells
1. In a food processor, pulse flour, butter and salt together until a dough is formed.
2.On a floured surface, flatten the dough to 2 inches then wrap in clingfilm and chill to firm up.
3.Roll the dough out to about ½ cm thickness and cut into 20 fit to put into tart shells and poke some holes before baking at 180oC for 10 minutes.
4.Set aside to cool.
To find more about QL Mushroom food, please click here.