Add a creative spin to your Hari Raya baking with our delicious Sirap Bandung Cookies! This buttery, rose-scented cookies would be a hit with your family and friends. We recommend doubling or tripling the recipe, because one cookie will never be enough!
10 g corn flour
- 25 g milk powder
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 40 g ground almond
- 110 g butter
- 35 g sugar
- 2 QL Omega Egg Yolk
- 120 g flour
- 1 tsp red rose syrup
- ½ tsp rose essence
- ¼ tsp red colouring
- 1 QL Omega Egg White
1. Preheat oven at 160oC. In a bowl, sift together corn flour, flour, milk powder and baking powder. Add ground almond and mix well.
- With an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar for 3 minutes or until mixture is light and fluffy.
3. Next, add QL Egg Yolk and beat until well combined.
4. Gradually add flour mixture, stir until mixture forms a dough.
5. Add red rose syrup, rose essence, and red colouring, and mix until well combined.
6. Roll out dough onto a floured surface and by using a petal cookie cutter, cut out cookie transfer onto a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Brush with egg white and garnish with sparkles.
- Bake cookies at 160oC for 18 minutes. Cool on a wire rack after baking and store in an airtight container.
QL Omega eggs are available at major hypermarkets and supermarkets. For more information on QL Eggs, click here