After taking a short break from all that Christmas baking, here we are again – all geared up for our Chinese New Year baking marathon! First up (and you are going to love this recipe!) is the traditional Kuih Siput that is oh-so- delicious! These crunchy bite-sized shells are packed full of aromatic flavours of coriander, cumin, fennel, curry leaves and dried shrimps. It’s incredibly easy to make – so try it today!
Prep time / Masa penyediaan
Cook time / Masa memasak
Total time / Jumlah masa
Author / Pengarang: QL Chef
Ingredients / Bahan-bahan
- 250 g flour
- 70 g margarine
- ½ tsp fennel powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tbsp dried shrimps, grounded
- 1 QL Omega Egg
- 2 curry leaves stalk
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Salt to taste
- 2 tbsp cold water
- Oil for frying
Instructions / Cara-cara
- In a bowl, mix together fennel powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, curry powder, salt, dried shrimps and flour.
2. Add in QL Omega Egg and margarine into the flour mixture. Mix well.
3. Knead the mixture evenly until dough is formed. Add in the cold water.
4. Pinch a bit of the dough and press against the 'kuih siput' board.
5. Roll out the dough on the board and remove it.
- Fry 'kuih siput' with some curry leaves, garlic slices at medium heat until golden brown.
- Set aside to cool then store in an airtight container.
Serving size: 3 containers
QL Omega eggs are available at major hypermarkets and supermarkets. For more information on QL Eggs, click here