Put a smile on the faces of your children with this adorable QL Giraffe Swiss Roll. Our tried and tested recipe will help you master the art of making the perfect swiss roll – it’s really quite simple! This recipe is also great for parties and gatherings, so give it a try today!
- QL Omega Egg Yolk Batter
- 5 QL Omega Egg Yolks
- 20 g castor sugar
- 45 g vegetable oil
- 60 g milk
- 70 g plain flour, sifted
- 10 g cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Picture Batter
- 3 tbsp QL Omega Egg Yolk Batter
- 1 tsp plain flour
- 35 g QL Omega Egg White
- Egg White Batter
- 5 QL Omega Egg Whites
- 40 g castor sugar
- Cream Filling
- ½ cup whipped cream
- 2 tbsp caramel
- Pinch of sea salt
1. Whisk together the QL Omega Egg Yolks and castor sugar. Add in the vegetable oil, vanilla extract and milk until combined.
2. Add in the flour and mix until smooth batter.
3. To make the picture batter, add 3 tbsp QL Omega Egg Yolk Batter and flour together. In another mixing bowl, beat QL Omega Egg White and sugar until soft peaks. Add into picture batter and mix until combined.
4. Spoon the mixture into piping bag. Pipe giraffe patterns onto the baking tray. Bake in oven at 170oC for 1 minute only.
5. Add in cocoa powder to the remaining QL Omega Egg Yolk Batter.
6. In another bowl, beat QL Omega Egg Whites and sugar until soft peaks. Add into QL Omega Egg Yolk Batter and fold gently to obtain a smooth batter.
7. Pour batter onto the tray and bake in the oven at 170oC for 10-12 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool.
8. To make the cream filling, mix everything together in a bowl. Spread the cream filling on the cake and roll it up.
QL Omega eggs are available at major hypermarkets and supermarkets. For more information on QL Eggs, click here