Don’t be fooled by its petite stature, this little loaf of bread packs a mouthful of flavour (cheese + egg = YUM). This popular Korean street snack, Gyeran-ppang is absolutely delicious and can be done within 30 minutes!
- 100 g self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 QL Omega egg
- 50 g butter, melted
- ½ tsp chicken stock powder
- ¼ cup milk
- 5-6 QL Omega eggs for toppings
- 4 pcs MUSHROOM King Crab Chunk, sliced thinly
- Preheat oven to 190C.
- In a bowl, sift together the self-raising flour and salt (A).
- In separate bowl, combine the egg, melted butter and chicken stock powder (B).
- Mix together the wet mixture (B) and flour (A) with a fork to form a lumpy batter
- Fill 5 mini loaf moulds with 1½ tablespoons of batter each.
- Crack 1 egg into each mould, place 1 teaspoon of batter on each side of every loaf tin and top with slices of MUSHROOM King Crab Chunk
- Bake for 15-20 minutes.
QL Chef’s tip: For a sweet version, replace the chicken stock powder with 40 g of sugar.
QL Omega eggs are available at all good supermarkets and hypermarkets.