These #QLKitchen Egg Japanese Hokkaido Cake with Cream Filling are as light as air and are so delicious! The key to making these soft, fluffy cakes is to use fresh eggs. When egg whites are fresh, you’ll get a more stable meringue. Give this recipe a try today and let us know how you like it!
- 70 g QL Omega Egg Yolk
- 60 g water
- 30 g melted butter
- 60 g cake flour
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence
- 130 g QL Omega Egg White
- ⅛ tsp cream of tartar
- 80 g sugar
- 3-4 drops vanilla essence
- 150 ml whipping cream
- 30 g sugar
- icing sugar or snow powder for dusting
1. Whisk together the QL Omega Egg Yolk, water, butter, flour and vanilla essence. Set aside.
2. In a clean bowl, whisk the QL Omega Egg White and cream of tartar until foamy. Gradually add the sugar, all the while continuing whisk until the QL Omega Egg Whites are stiff.
3. Fold one third of the meringue into the QL Omega Egg Yolk mixture, then fold the rest.
4. Pour the batter into square paper cups and bake in a preheated oven at 150°C for 15 minutes, turning the tray after the first 6-7 minutes of baking. Turn the oven to grill for 1-2 minutes (start with 30 seconds) until the tops of the cakes are lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and let the cakes cool completely.
6. Pipe a generous amount of filling into the center of each cake. Chill. Dust tops of cakes with snow powder or icing sugar before serving.
QL Omega eggs are available at major hypermarkets and supermarkets. For more information on QL Eggs, click here