Throwing a Halloween party for your children? Here’s a fun cupcake idea that is delicious and nutritious at the same time! Our QL Egg Halloween Cupcake is made out of freshly grated pumpkin and carrots. (Shhh, don’t say a word and we promise your children won’t know that there’s vegetables in these yummy cupcakes!).
- Pumpkin Carrot Cupcakes
- 125 g self-raising flour
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp ground nutmeg
- 90 g vegetable oil
- 45 g granulated sugar
- 40 g light brown sugar
- 1½ QL Omega Eggs
- 50 g pumpkin puree
- 70 g carrot, grated
- 1 small orange, grated rind only
- Cream Cheese Frosting
- 40 g unsalted butter, softened
- 70 g cream cheese, softened
- 45 g icing sugar, sifted
- ⅛ tsp vanilla essence
- A few drops of orange colouring
- Fondant Witch’s Hats
- plain (white) moulding fondant
- black gel food colouring
- orange gel food colouring
- Preheat oven to 170oC.
- To make the pumpkin puree, cut pumpkin into small chunks. Roast in a preheated oven at 170oC for 30 - 40 minutes until soften. Process in a food processor until a puree is obtained.
3.Sift ingredients (A) together and set aside.
4.In a separate bowl, whisk (B) together then add in (C) and beat until thick and creamy.
5.Add in ingredients (D) and mix until combined then fold in (A).
6.Spoon batter into cupcake cups to about ¾ full.
- Bake for around 30 - 40 minutes or until cooked.
- When cupcakes are cool, decorate with cream cheese frosting and top with fondant witch’s hats.
Cream Cheese Frosting
To make the cream cheese frosting, beat all the ingredients together except the orange colouring. Add a few drops of orange colouring and mix well.
Fondant Witch’s Hats
1. Mix the black colouring with some plain fondant.
2.Mix the orange colouring with a little bit of the plain fondant.
3.Shape both of the fondants into a witch hats.
QL Omega eggs are available at major hypermarkets and supermarkets. For more information on QL Eggs, click here