No Christmas celebration is complete without a cake! This festive Cranberry and Walnut Christmas Bundt Cake makes a wonderfully impressive Christmas dessert (cranberries add such a festive flair, don’t you think?). This recipe can be made ahead and will easily feed a crowd.
- Cake batter
- 227 g unsalted butter, plus extra for greasing the bundt mould
- 150 g granulated sugar
- 2 QL Omega Eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2½ tsp grated orange rind (from 2 large oranges)
- 250 g plain flour, plus extra for flouring the bundt mould
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- 250 g natural (unsweetened) yogurt
- 100 g dried cranberries
- 75 g semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 50 g walnuts, chopped
- 1½ tsp granulated sugar
- ¼ tsp cinnamon powder
- 100 g icing sugar, sifted
- 4 – 6 tsp milk
- fresh cranberries, walnuts and mint leaves
- Preheat oven at 170oC.
- Grease a 9-inch bundt pan with unsalted butter and dust with a little plain flour.
3. Combine the filling ingredients and set aside.
4. Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
5. Add in the QL Omega Eggs one at a time, creaming well in between.
Mix in the salt, vanilla essence and orange rind.
6. Sift together the plain flour, baking powder and baking soda. Fold into the butter mixture alternately with the yogurt.
Mix in the cranberries.
7. Pour half the batter into the bundt pan, scatter the filling over the batter. Spread the remaining batter over the filling.
8. Bake for 40 – 45 minutes or until done.
9. Cool cake in the pan for 5 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack.
10. Combine ingredients for the glaze and drizzle over the cooled cake. Decorate the cake before the glaze dries out.
QL Omega eggs are available at major hypermarkets and supermarkets. For more information on QL Eggs, click here