Here is a lovely cheesecake recipe that appeals to the taste and to the eyes > It’s our Mini Yoghurt Lime Cheesecake
A lot of people don’t know how to make a cheesecake. We’re here to help! This bite-sized cheesecake is the first in our cake recipe series and a sure winner for everyone. Let’s get to it. A great dinner party is not complete without tasty desserts. Following our grilled seafood and vegetable skewers, here is an easy-to-make, melt-in-your-mouth and delightfully light yoghurt lime cheesecake recipe that you can make to finish off a great dinner party with friends and family.
The Secret to a Good Cheesecake Recipe
The secret to a good cheesecake recipe is good quality eggs. They give the cheesecake that creamy, smooth texture. QL Deli Fresh eggs are a perfect choice! We produce eggs using the most stringent standards, giving you fresh eggs that are hygienic, nutritious and lower in cholesterol (40%!) than standard eggs in the market. Equally important is the taste. And QL Deli Fresh eggs are delicious!
You can make this cheesecake recipe in advance and keep it in the fridge for 3 to 5 days, leaving you plenty of time to prepare the other dishes for your party. What, no party? Then serve it alone, or with other pastries as afternoon tea. This lightly sweetened tangy dessert is refreshing and sure to cool you down on a hot afternoon!
- 130 g Digestive biscuits, broken into smaller pieces
- 50 g unsalted butter, softened
- Dash of ground cinnamon/nutmeg (optional)
- 250 g cream cheese, room temperature, cut into cubes
- 80 g caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 130 g plain or Greek yoghurt
- Juice from 2 limes
- Lime zest (from 1 lime)
- 2 QL Deli Fresh eggs
- Fresh berries, whipped cream or lime slices for decoration
- Place biscuits and ground cinnamon/nutmeg in a food processor (or use the dry grinder of your blender) together with the butter, process for 30 seconds until finely crushed and well mixed. Transfer into a medium bowl.
- Line a muffin pan with 12 muffin liners. Scoop about 1 tablespoon of biscuit mixture into each muffin cup, press down with the back of the spoon or use a wet finger to smoothen out the mixture.
- Chill the muffin pan in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 180 C.
- In the meantime, prepare the cheese topping. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and caster sugar with an electric mixer until light and creamy. Add vanilla extract, egg and salt, beat until well combined. Beat in yogurt, lime juice and lime zest until evenly mixed.
- Scoop in cheese topping until the muffin cups are two third full. Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until the filling is set.
- Remove muffin pan and leave to cool on a wire rack. Chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight. Decorate with whipped cream, fresh berries or lime slices before serving.
QL Kitchen Tips
- Use lemon in place of lime if you prefer.
- If the oven temperature is too hot, it may cause the cheese topping to crack. Lower the temperature if you see this.
Check out our pancake recipe for another great dessert idea. Hold the front page: It’s a healthy pancake! Pancakes not your thing? Here are some other yummy dessert recipes to try: Cream Puffs, Crème Caramel, Batik Cake (Kek Batik), Marble Butter Cake, and Luxury Tiramisu.