Boost your health with this delicious, quick and easy > Stir-Fry Broccoli with QQ Fish Filament.
Stir-frying is a great way to cook. A small amount of oil is used at high temperatures to quickly sear or steam the food. Vegetables and bite-sized pieces of meat, seafood or tofu used in a stir-fry retain much less oil, which makes it healthier for us. And because stir-frying is done at high temperatures, the foods’ nutrition is locked in much more efficiently than usual.
All major ethnicities in Malaysia have their own style of stir-frying, but today we bring to you the Chinese version. The usual basic ingredients are vegetables, cooking oil, chopped garlic, and a choice (or choices) of protein, such as chicken, beef, and seafood (usually shrimps and scallops). These are then seasoned with oyster sauce and soy sauce. Cornstarch is often used to thicken the gravy but you can leave it out if you prefer.
Today’s stir-fry broccoli recipe uses MUSHROOM QQ Fish Filament, which is set to launch in the first week of September 2014. It resembles the popular stir-fry broccoli with scallops during Chinese New Year, where the QQ Fish Filaments are used to replace the scallops. These scallop flavoured fish filaments have a nice, bouncy texture, and are so easy to prepare.
Paired with broccoli, fresh Shiitake mushroom, carrot, and shrimps, this is a nutritious dish packed with vitamins, minerals, protein and fibre. So much goodness and it can be prepared, cooked and served in just 20 minutes.
- ½ packet of MUSHROOM QQ Fish Filament (180 g pack)
- 100 g shrimps (medium), shelled and deveined
- 30 g carrot, cut into thin slices
- 100 g fresh Shiitake mushroom (or 10 pieces dried Shiitake mushroom, soaked to soften)
- 200 g Broccoli, cut into smaller florets
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 5 cloves garlic, chopped
- Gravy (Mix together):
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- ¼ teaspoon dark soya sauce
- 1 tablespoon light soya sauce
- 50 ml water
- ½ teaspoon corn starch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a wok or pan, fry garlic until fragrant.
- Add MUSHROOM QQ Fish Filament and fry for 2 minutes. Add shrimps and fry for another 2 minutes.
- Add sauce mix, broccoli, carrot and mushrooms, stir evenly. Leave to simmer on medium heat for 2 - 3 minutes with lid covered.
- Turn off heat and serve immediately with rice.
Looking for other Chinese recipes? Check out this handy selection: Chili Pepper Seafood Tofu With Creamy Butter Sauce, Pumpkin Treasure Steamboat, Chicken Soup with Kuey Teow, Fish Cakes and Fish Balls, Seafood Tofu and Vegetable Hot Pot and Herbal Chicken Steamboat.