Creating cherished memories through baking with family is what makes the holy month of Ramadhan so special. Savour the aroma of freshly baked Biskut Ketupat – our take on the popular checkerboard cookies – and be amazed by how delicious these cookies are!
220 g butter, softened
- 100 g icing sugar
- 2 QL Omega Eggs
- 240 g flour + extra for flouring the surface
- 120 g cornflour
- 30 g ground almond
- 1 tbsp pandan emulco
- Cream butter until light then add the icing sugar and beat until fluffy. Add in the QL Omega Eggs one at a time and mix well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the flour, cornflour and almond flour. Fold the flour mixture into the butter mixture until all is mixed well.
- Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead until the dough holds together.
- Divide dough into two. Place a piece of dough into a bowl and knead in pandan emulco.
- Divide the 2 dough into 3 pieces each.
- Roll each piece of dough on a well-floured surface to 5-inch squares.
- Make 2 sets of 3-layered dough, starting with the plain dough then the pandan. Repeat this step until the dough is all used up. Wrap the dough with a plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
- Cut the dough lengthwise to about ½ inch on both sets of dough, form the first layer by placing a pandan strip on top of the vanilla strip, then the vanilla strip on top of the pandan strip, and lastly the pandan strip on top of the vanilla strip.
- Make a third layer in reverse order, creating a checkerboard pattern. Repeat process with the remaining dough. Wrap each log with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Cut each log into slices of ¼-inch thickness and place on a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160oC for 10 -12 minutes or until light golden.
QL Omega eggs are available at major hypermarkets and supermarkets. For more information on QL Eggs, click here