Looking for a quick dessert recipe for your Christmas parties? Look no further and try our Mini Peach and Berries Galette. This rustic ‘fruit tart’ is the perfect treat, especially when served with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or a dollop of cremefraiche or whipped cream! Try it today!
- Fruit Mixture
- 250 g peach slices
- 1 blueberry punnets
- 100 g strawberry, halved
- 1 tbsp icing sugar + 1 tsp cornflour
- 185 g flour
- 30 g ground almond + 2 tbsp
- 10 g castor sugar
- 1 QL Omega Egg, beaten
- ¼ tsp salt
- 110 g butter, cold and cubed
- 2 tbsp cold water
- Mix all the fruit mixture together.
- In a food processor, add in the flour, ground almond, salt and sugar, pulse until it is combined.
3. Add in butter and pulse until it resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Add in half of the beaten QL Omega Egg and pulse until the dough is crumbly but holds together.
5. Roll and flatten out the dough between 2 clingfilm and chill for 20 minutes.
6. Divide the dough into 2 balls and roll out into 1 cm thickness.
7.Fold the sides about 1 inch in all around.
8. Sprinkle the ground almond before adding the fruit mixture. Brush the edges with the remaining beaten QL Omega Egg.
9. Bake in a preheated oven of 180oC for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
QL Omega eggs are available at major hypermarkets and supermarkets. For more information on QL Eggs, click here