We know that our Lucky Tangerine cookies are too cute to be eaten, but you should absolutely eat them because they are so yummy! These gorgeous little gems are essentially almond mandarin orange cookies made in the shape of mini tangerines. This recipe requires a little bit more effort in its assembly, but the end result is worthwhile, so give this recipe a try today!
- 75 g salted butter, soften + 1 tbsp salted butter
- 50 g sugar
- 10 g QL Omega Egg Yolk
- 130 g plain flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 30g ground almond
- 15 g almond strips
- Few drops of orange red colouring, dark green colouring
1. Cream together butter and sugar until light and smooth. Add in QL Omega Egg Yolk gradually.
2. Sift the flour, salt and ground almond together. Fold in the flour mixture to the butter mixture and mix until a dough is formed.
3. Divide the dough to 40g to mix with 1 tbsp of salted butter and a few drops of dark green colouring. Transfer to a piping bag.
4. Mix balance dough with a few drops of orange red colouring. Take 7g of dough and roll into ball shape, stick one almond strip to the center of the dough. Pipe the shape of a leaf at the side of almond strip. Repeat with the remaining dough
- Bake at 150°C in a preheated oven with top and bottom heat for 25-30 minutes or until done.
QL Omega eggs are available at major hypermarkets and supermarkets. For more information on QL Eggs, click here