This jewel-studded, twice-baked cookie will win the hearts of many. Our Cranberry and Pistachio Biscotti is simple to prepare and makes the best Christmas gift for family and friends! Try it today!
- 2 tbsp oil
- 75 g castor sugar
- 1 QL Omega Egg
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 110 g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 30 g dried cranberries
- 50 g pistachios
- Preheat oven to 150oC.
2.In a bowl, whisk together oil and sugar. Beat in the QL Omega Egg and vanilla essence.
3. In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt together.
4. Fold in the flour mixture to the QL Omega Egg mixture then add in the cranberries and pistachios.
5. Chill in the refrigerator for 20 minutes.
6. Divide dough into two equal portions. Form the dough into logs of 10 cm wide on a baking tray lined with parchment paper.
7. Bake for 35 minutes or until the logs are light brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool for 10 minutes.
8. Cut the logs diagonally into 0.5 cm thick slices then lay the cut pieces on the baking tray and bake at 135oC for another 8 to 10 minutes or until dry.
QL Omega eggs are available at major hypermarkets and supermarkets. For more information on QL Eggs, click here