Impress your family and friends near and far at your Hari Raya Open House with this easy-to-make street snack, Churros with Warm Chocolate Sauce. This fried dough pastry is lightly dusted with cinnamon sugar and served with a side of luscious chocolate sauce – making it dangerously delicious and highly addictive!
250 ml water
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- ½ tsp salt
- 75 g unsalted butter
- 125 g plain flour
- 2 QL Omega Eggs
- vegetable oil enough for 2 inches high in fryer
- Cinnamon Sugar
- 50 g caster sugar
- ½ - 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Chocolate Sauce
- 100 g dark chocolate
- 150 g whipping cream
- Combine water, brown sugar, salt and butter in a pan. Bring it to a boil. Once it reaches a boil, remove from heat and stir in the flour.
- Once the flour has stirred in, stir the mixture over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cool.
- Add in QL Omega Eggs, 1 at a time and mix well. The churros dough should be thick but soft.
- Let the dough rest till it’s warm. Fit a pastry bag with a star nozzle. Fill in the dough into the pastry bag.
- Heat up oil. Once heated, pipe 4-5 inches long churros into the oil, using a knife or spatula to ‘cut’ the dough from the tip. Fry 2-3 minutes on each side to get a nice golden brown colour.
- Using a slotted spoon or tongs, remove churros from the oil and place them onto a paper-toweled plate to soak up some of the oil.
- Mix caster sugar and cinnamon in a shallow plate. Lightly coat churros in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Heat up whipping cream in a pot and remove from heat. Add in dark chocolate pieces and stir continuously until chocolate has melted.
- Serve churros with dark chocolate sauce.
QL Omega eggs are available at major hypermarkets and supermarkets. For more information on QL Eggs, click here