Hooray, school’s out! Looking for something fun to do with the kids? How about getting busy in the kitchen whipping up this decadent Chocolate Doughnut Cake? This recipe is so delicious that we bet, your kids wouldn’t even mind doing the dishes!
- 20 g unsalted butter, softened
- 3½ tsp oil
- 30 g castor sugar
- 25 g brown sugar
- 34 g QL Omega Egg
- 102 g plain flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- a pinch of baking soda
- 7 g cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 75 g milk
- ⅛ tsp vanilla essence
- ½ cup white chocolate, melted
- 1 tbsp light corn syrup
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- Preheat oven to 210oC with fan.
2. For the doughnuts, cream together the butter, oil and sugar until combined.
3. Add the QL Omega Egg, beat for 1 minute until mixture is smooth.
4. In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda. Add the salt and mix well.
5.Fold half the flour mixture into the QL Omega Egg mixture, then add the milk and vanilla. Mix briefly.
6.Fold in the remaining flour mixture into the batter. Transfer the batter into a piping bag.
7. Pipe the batter into a non-stick doughnut pan to about ½ cm below the top rim.
8. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until done. Remove doughnut pan from oven and leave the doughnuts to cool in the pan for 5 minutes before turning them out to cool completely.
9. To make the glaze mix everything together except the water. Add a little bit of water and mix until a smooth glaze is formed.
QL Omega eggs are available at major hypermarkets and supermarkets. For more information on QL Eggs, click here