We guarantee that this MUSHROOM Seafood Crescent Ring will be a showstopper at any parties! Hidden beneath the golden puff pastry crust are layers of decadent goodness – MUSHROOM Cheese Fish Tofu, MUSHROOM Surimi Crabstick, portobello mushrooms, spinach, capsicum, and luscious cheese sauce! You can even mix and match with own favourite combinations. Give it a try today!
- 3 pcs 8“ sheets of puff pastry, halved and slice into a triangle shape
- 6 pieces of MUSHROOM Cheese Fish Tofu, halved (optional)
- 10 stick of MUSHROOM Surimi Crabstick, halved
- 2 portobello mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tomato, sliced thinly
- 1 green capsicum, sliced
- 8 frozen spinach cubes, water squeezed out
- 200 g mild and strong cheddar, grated
- 100 g pasta sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- cheese sauce (store bought or homemade)
- dill, garnish
- Cheese Sauce
- 250 ml milk
- 25 g flour
- 50 g cheese, grated
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp mix herb
On a baking tray lined with parchment paper, arrange the pastry triangles with the points toward the outside and the wide ends overlapping each other leaving a 3 inch gap, repeat with the remaining triangles at the same direction until a circle is formed.
- Press the overlapping pastry to seal it. Spoon the pasta sauce all around the wide end of the triangle. Arrange the MUSHROOM Cheese Tofu all around the pastry.
- Layer the mushrooms, capsicum, tomato and spinach on top one another, top with MUSHROOM Surimi Crabstick. Sprinkle ¾ cheese all around the pastry.
Fold in the pointed end of the pastry and tucking in the points to form a ring.
Brush with QL Omega Egg before baking.
- In a preheated oven of 180oC, bake the pastry for 15 minutes or until it is golden brown.
- Garnish with some dill and serve with the cheese sauce
- Cheese Sauce
1. In a saucepan, whisk 100 ml milk and flour together on low heat.[br 2.]Add in the remaining milk and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce the heat and stir until the sauce thickens. Remove from heat, add in cheese, pepper, mixed herb and stir until the cheese has melted.
To find more about QL Mushroom food, please click here.