- 50 g butter, soften
- 50 g light soft brown sugar
- 1 can pineapple slices in syrup, 1 whole slice and cut the rest into half
- Glacé cherry
- 200 g butter, soften
- 200 g golden caster sugar
- 200 g self-raising flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 QL Omega Eggs
- 2 tbsp pineapple syrup
- Preheat oven to 180oC
2. To make the topping, beat the butter and sugar together until creamy. For the topping, beat the butter and sugar together until creamy.
Spread the mixture over the base of a 12 inch cake tin.
3. Arrange the half pineapple slices around the mixture like a swirl and then place the perfect round pineapple slice in the middle. Place the cherries in the middle of the pineapple slices.
4. To make the cake, beat the sugar and butter until fluffy. Add in QL Omega Eggs one by one followed by the remaining ingredients.
5. Whisk the mixture until a soft consistency.
Pour the batter onto the pineapple slices.
- Bake in the oven for 35 minutes. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes then turn the cake tin upside down onto a plate. Serve with ice cream.
QL Omega eggs are available at major hypermarkets and supermarkets. For more information on QL Eggs, click here