For a year filled with laughter and happiness, make our Prosperity Prawns with Fortune Floss the star of your reunion dinner. We assure you that this dish will be a hit with adults and children alike. Just look at that generous scattering of golden crispy egg floss on deep-fried succulent prawns, you can just imagine how good it would taste, right?
- 18 tiger prawns, deveined with shell intact
- 4 QL Omega Egg Yolk, lightly beaten
- 2 tbsp corn flour
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 4 tbsp salted butter
- Oil for frying
- 2 stalks curry leaves
- 3 birds eye chillies, slice thinly
- 10 short green beans, halved
- In a wok, on high heat, add butter and oil until it starts bubbling but be careful not to burn the butter.
2. Using a metal ladle, slowly pour in the beaten QL Egg Yolk into the wok and stir vigorously in a small circle whilst it starts bubbles up.
3. Keep stirring, as it gets frothier. Add in the sugar, curry leaves, bird’s eye chilli and beans.
4. Stir for another 2 minutes. Drain the oil and set aside.
- Coat the prawns with the corn flour.
- Fry the prawns until the skin is pink and cooked.
- Before serving, sprinkle the egg floss on top of the prawns.
QL Omega eggs are available at major hypermarkets and supermarkets. For more information on QL Eggs, click here