It is sweet, dense yet creamy, and delicately infused with the aroma of pandan leaves, this Kuih Bakar Pandan recipe
- 8 pandan leaves
- 300 ml water
- 2 QL Omega Eggs
- 90 g sugar
- 300 ml coconut milk
- 210 g plain flour
- ½ tsp salt
- Green colouring as needed
- 1 tbsp margarine, melted
- 1-2 tbsp sesame seeds
- oil for greasing
1. Blend pandan and water together. Then strain into a large jug.
2. Beat QL Omega Eggs, sugar and coconut milk together. Add in pandan juice and green coloring.
3. Combine flour and salt in a large bowl. Add flour mixture into the pandan-coconut milk mixture.
4. Strain into a jug.
- Preheat oven at 180°C. When oven has preheated, place mould in the oven for 5 minutes.
6. Grease mould with a little oil. Pour mixture into mould.
7. Set timer for 40 minutes, brush with melted margarine and sprinkle sesame seeds after 20 minutes.
- Continue to bake until done. Set aside to cool before slicing.
QL Omega eggs are available at major hypermarkets and supermarkets. For more information on QL Eggs, click here