Cheesecakes are rich in flavour, and awesome in texture. From a soft creamy top to a delightful crunchy base, they’re a blast to have.
This blueberry cheesecake recipe is for a delicate cheesecake with a hint of lemon. It is brightened with some blueberries in the batter and a crumble topping that adds texture as a contrast against the smoothness of the cheesecake.
QL Eggs is currently organising a Good Heart campaign to help support IJN Foundation. With every pack of QL Eggs purchased, RM0.50 is donated to support IJN Foundation’s initiatives in raising awareness on heart wellness.
Enjoy this Blueberry Cheesecake with Crumble Topping with your family!
- 15g butter
- 15g castor sugar
- 25g plain flour
- 15g granola or (25g almond flakes + 1 tsp honey)
- 40g butter
- 10g castor sugar
- 100g digestive biscuits, finely crushed
- Cheese filling
- 250g cream cheese
- 90g sugar
- 2 medium QL Deli Fresh eggs
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 100g cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- ¼ tsp lemon rind
- ¼ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 x 125g pkt blueberries
- To dust
- icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 170°C. If using almond flakes in the crumble, toss the almonds with honey and bake for 6 – 10 minutes.
- To make the crumble, rub together the butter, castor sugar and flour. Stir in the granola or honey almonds and spread out on a foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes until golden. Leave to cool, then break into rough crumbs with a fork.
- Reduce the oven temperature to 160°C.
- Make the base by melting the butter. Stir in the sugar, then the crushed biscuits. Press the crumbs on the base of a 6-inch loose-bottomed tin and set aside.
- To make the cheese filling, beat together the cream cheese and sugar. Add the QL Deli Fresh eggs, flour, cream, lemon juice, lemon rind and vanilla essence. Beat until smooth.
- Pour the cheese filling over the biscuit base, then gently distribute half the blueberries on top. Scatter the crumble over the top. Bake for 50 – 60 minutes. Let cheesecake cool, then chill for at least 4 hours. Scatter the remaining blueberries over the top before serving.